Each of these featured projects have a little bit of history behind them. Scroll to learn more about each individual project TGC has been lucky to be a part of.
The Trolley Block
Pictured above is the newly renovated Trolley Block
The Trolley Block, which historically once served Colorado Spring’s trolley system as a repair shop and garage, has been converted into a market-style concept located in the 500 block of South Tejon Street. With a total cost of more that $8-million, the Trolley Block represents the first major redevelopment of southwest downtown Colorado Springs. Local tenants include the trifecta of Atomic Cowboy, concepts of Denver Biscuit, Co., Fat Sully’s Pizza. The block also features Frozen Gold Soft Serve Ice Cream, Dos Santos Taqueria de Mexico, The Exchange, Pikes Peak Brewery, VTS Sports, and the façade renovation of StreetCar 520.
Eye Care Center of Colorado Springs
Originally built in 1902, this historic building served as a carriage house until acquired by the Van Dyke Motor Company in the 1930s. The building was then turned into a repair shop for Studebaker vehicles. Now a 4,800 SF single-story optometrist office, this building offers a spacious reception and fitting area, with original 12-foot sliding barn doors separating the client retail space from the office clinical space.
Located on 517-523 S. Cascade Avenue and originally built in 1890, this 30,000 SF multi-tenant office property is located in downtown Colorado Springs. Thomas General Contractors is proud to have performed interior and exterior renovations, along with tenant finish work in this complex for local tenants.